"the blessing of having eternal life while you are here on earth is that it affords you total control of your life according to what Jesus has made available for you in him
information is power but information applied is power released
all we have received and have become in christ is in our spirit and not in our soul or body"
You are welcome to join us again today by 5:30pm the 18th of February
• Calls President Buhari in London, invites him to Washington • Group accuses S’West APC leaders of plotting president’ s exit • Borno CAN holds seven-day prayers for quick recovery
President Donald Trump of the United States (U.S.) has assured of his
country’s readiness to assist Nigeria in terms of military weapons to
combat terrorism.
Trump also extended an invitation to President Muhammadu Buhari to
visit Washington at a mutually convenient date, according to a terse
statement from the presidency yesterday.
The development indicates the willingness of the U.S. government
under President Trump to strengthen its relationship with Nigeria for
mutual benefits to both countries.
The statement by Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the
invitation came at the instance of the American president following a
telephone conversation between the two leaders on Monday. Buhari spoke
to Trump from London where he is currently on vacation.
According to Adesina, “the conversation was cordial and President
Buhari congratulated Trump on his election as President of the United
States, and on his cabinet.”
Adesina said the two leaders specifically discussed ways to improve
cooperation in the fight against terrorism through the provision of
necessary equipment.
“President Trump encouraged President Buhari to keep up the good work
he is doing, and also commended him for the efforts made in rescuing 24
of the Chibok girls and the strides being taken by the Nigerian
military.
“President Trump assured the Nigerian President of U.S. readiness to
cut a new deal in helping Nigeria in terms of military weapons to combat
terrorism. Trump also invited Buhari to Washington at a mutually
convenient date.”
Meanwhile, a group, Northern Patriotic Assembly has raised the alarm
over alleged plots by some individuals to exploit Buhari’s health saga
through paid protests and media propaganda, and thereby undermine his
presidency.
At a state of the nation press conference yesterday in Abuja, the
National President of the group, Kwuanu Terrence said Buhari’s health
saga had been grossly exploited to further undermine the stability of
the country.
According to him, Buhari clearly, in keeping with the constitution,
wrote to the National Assembly that he was proceeding on a medical
leave, adding that the president further communicated with the lawmakers
when he had to, upon the advice of his doctors, stay back longer than
he initially anticipated.
Terrence alleged that since the first letter announcing Buhari’s
holiday, there had been too much of efforts to make him look incapable
of staying in office and consequently edge him out.
He said the undue attention was to overwhelm the president with
stress so that his health would be further compromised. Terrance accused
some individuals he described as “disgruntled men” from the People’s
Democratic Party (PDP) of being behind the sustained campaign against
President Buhari because of their loss of power at the federal level.
He also accused some All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders of playing
ethnic card within the party, plotting against the president. He said:
“Participants at a meeting held in Ibadan sometimes last year for
political realignment of south west blocs against the northern bloc in
the APC cannot absolve themselves of being culpable in driving the mass
hysteria over the health of Mr. President.
“Their idea of burying the hatchet is to undo other ethnic
nationalities with the reasoning that the vice president, being of their
own ethnic stock stands in line as the beneficiary if they can force
Buhari out of office on health grounds. Such treachery is not alien to
this collection of two timing politicians.
“For this purpose a refined model of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) has
been activated to be launched in the coming days. Financial
mobilisation for paid protesters is being concluded as we speak.”
However, the Borno State chapter of Christian Association of Nigeria
(CAN) has declared seven days of prayers and fasting for Buhari’s speedy
recovery. The declaration was contained in a statement of the Legal and
Public Affairs Director of CAN, Evangelist Kwamkur Samuel issued to
newsmen in Maiduguri yesterday.
“Clerics drawn from various churches in Borno State are to converge
on some churches to offer special prayers and fasting for the quick
recovery of President Buhari, to return to the country and continue with
his good policies and programmes for the nation,” the statement said.
Governor Kashim Shettima has also instructed the Ministry of
Religious Affairs to write the CAN chairman requesting prayers for the
president in appreciation of his commitment to the fight against the
Boko Haram insurgency.
"For there to be full expression of grace and power for the admiration of everyone that has contact with you, you must purge yourself
God's move on earth is always in collaboration with man
Life in this earth realm is in seasons and it is in the power of man to achieve or change the seasons because God put the working and fulfillment of his destiny in the hands of man thou with the help of God
Most times God wants to help man especially with regard to his destiny. He sends a man his way to pray or a prophet with a word of prophecy for his life Prophesying is a spiritual pathway for the move of God. it is a channel through which the creative power of God is brought into the scene."
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has condemned
the statements by some religious leaders alleging that President
Muhammadu Buhari-led administration is planning to Islamise Nigeria.
In a statement by the minister’s special assistant on media and
publicity, Segun Adeyemi, Mr. Mohammed said the allegations were a
campaign of calumny.
Mr. Mohammed spoke at a town hall meeting in Ilorin, Kwara State. The
town hall meetings across Nigeria began in April, 2016 under the title
‘Federal Government Discuss’ as a means of bridging communication gap
between government and Nigerians
“The alleged Islamisation of Nigeria under the current administration
is totally false and should be perceived in its entirety as a campaign
of calumny,” the statement said.
“There is no bigger threat to the peace and unity of our country
today than religion-coated incendiary messages, which are being
carelessly sent out by some religious, political and opinion leaders. “In recent times, the media has been increasingly awash with
incendiary statements that seem designed to pitch the adherents of the
two prominent religions in the country, Christians and Muslims against
one another. Such fallacies like the Islamisation of Nigeria, the
killing of Christians by Muslims, the labelling of Nigeria as the most
dangerous place for Christians in the world can only serve one purpose:
trigger a religious war”, the minister said. The leadership of CAN had in various communication with the media
accused the current administration of planning to Islamise the nation.
The association blamed increased killings for alleged blasphemy and
other ethno-religious killings in Northern Nigeria on the government’s
inaction. It also accused the administration of toeing the path of past Muslim
leaders in its resolve to ensure that Nigeria remains a part of
international Muslim organizations.
Reacting to the allegations, Mr. Mohammed noted that Nigeria has had
its share of ethno-religious crisis but added that CAN and other
like-minded religious leaders were aware that their claims are untrue. “Needless to say that no nation ever survives a religious war. Those
who are making these allegations know that they are not true, but they
have found in religion another tool to demonize the government of the
day, divert attention from the government’s anti-corruption stance and
create undue tension in the polity. “Make no mistake about it, there have been conflicts between
adherents of the two major religions in certain parts of the country. To
now extrapolate from that to say Nigeria is the most dangerous place
for Christians in the world is a disservice to Nigeria and an overkill.
What those who are pushing this negative narrative about Nigeria do not
know is that if they succeed in giving Nigeria a bad name in the comity
of nations, they too will not escape the consequences that will result
therefrom,”
said Mr. Mohammed. Cardinal John Onaiyekan
He alleged that religious leaders making the “incendiary statements”
were being used by political groups to undermine government.
“The secular nature of Nigeria’s Constitution makes the issue of
religious dominance and impunity improbable. It is also important to
note that the underlying principle of religious conflict may not be
purely religious, but more often than not coloured with political
connotations as vividly depicted in the case of the terrorist group,
Boko Haram. “And more often than not, conflicts between Muslims and Christians
are fuelled by political motivations, ethnic differences, extremism,
intolerance and terrorism’, Mr. Mohammed said. “Let me appeal to the media to desist from providing a platform for
exponents of incendiary statements, those who will latch on to religion
and ethnicity to divide us, and those who have no qualms about
leveraging their privileged positions to give Nigeria a bad name in the
international community”. Mr. Mohammed alleged that the propagators of the incendiary messages
had also accused the military of using its equipment against the
Christian population in Nigeria. “Their foreign collaborators, including a section of the
international media, have even gone as far as accusing the Nigerian
military, a symbol of the country’s unity, of arming Fulani herdsmen to
kill Christians, as if the army is made up of officers and men from only
one religion. The Federal Government rejects this ludicrous and
nonsensical accusation against the military and warns those behind it to
desist forthwith,” said Mr. Mohammed. “Let me also appeal to Christian and Muslim leaders to emulate
Catholic Cardinal John Onaiyekan of Abuja and Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad
Abubakar III of Sokoto, both of whom formed the Inter-faith Initiative
for Peace to promote inter-faith dialogue – which represents an
energetic and indispensable vehicle for achieving lasting peace among
divergent religious groupings in the country”.
Ralph Uwazurike, founder of the Movement for the Actualization of the
Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has said President Muhammadu Buhari
will not die but live to see the actualization of Biafra.
Uwazurike in a statement issued by his personal assistant, Emmanuel
Omenka said, “We don’t pray for the death of anybody created by God
irrespective of one’s position in the society.
“We want Buhari to come back and continue with his war against
corruption because we support his dealing with bad people and also to
witness our actualization of a Biafra state. If he is dead or alive, it
will not stop us from the realization of this dream.
“Nigeria is a collapsed nation that cannot be revived again unless the
country is divided into six independent nations. Recession is eating the
best part of Nigeria and its situation is irredeemable and only Biafra
is the answer.
“When you have these independent nations, the agitation for Biafra and
Niger Delta Republic will end. There will no longer be Fulani herdsmen
attack and Southern Kaduna killings among others as everyone will be
after his own people.”